Followers

Monday, May 31, 2010

I don't know how to deal with this. Everybody who's ever seen me for the past four years has known that you are my best friend, and that we've been friends for years. I was your first friend here in Fairbanks, even if you didn't know it. How could we both not know that from the time I told you that you looked like Hannah that almost six years later we'd be saying goodbye to each other in tears. It's been the best of times, and it's been the worst of times, and we made it through side by side. Now you're off to a new life, one that I've expected since day one, and I don't know when I'm going to see you again.
"Someday we'll meet up again, when you're a head doctor and I'm a paramedic with free schooling." Yeah, but I want to see you before then. "We will. Weddings, birthing of chilluns, you know." Just come back to me, ok?"I'll do my best." I love you. "I love you too, kiddo."
You read that letter ahead of time, prick. Just know that I'll always love you and you'll always be an important part of my life. I hope you stay safe and I hope you get the most out of basic that you possibly can. Try not to miss me too much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment