Followers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My heart beat once.

I lay there in your arms with my head against your chest and listened to the sound of your heartbeat. My hand rest next to my face and could feel the steady rhythm I heard drumming. You leaned down to kiss my hair and my mind filled with wonder.
Who did your heart beat for today?
Today,
My heart beat once for bonding with Mattie and Kayla over rum and egg nog.
My heart beat once for Chelsea and how every day I grow to love her more.
My heart beat once for the Freedom Writers.
My heart beat once for Sable, as it does every minute of every day.
My heart beat once for Enzo, who's merely a character in a book.
My heart beat once for Will, and the excitement I always have to see him.
My heart beat once for Emily, and the amazing memories I'll always have.
My heart beat once for Lavina, as it often does, for reading her growth.
My heart beat once for Sean, sending him love I can't convey every day.
My heart beat once for my mom, dad, and sister, as it's done more powerfully every day I haven't been home.
And, as it's grown to do more and more often,
My heart beat once for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment