there are certain things I don't say to certain people because it pales in comparison to their life. does that make sense? that I censor myself and withhold feelings I need to talk about from the people I need to talk to them about because I feel like even if they don't say it, they're thinking "this problem is nothing compared to what I'm going through."
And if they are thinking that, you know what they're right. This problem IS minor compared to the life changing soul finding adventure they're struggling through. But you know what? As you're going through this you're gathering the experience and the strength to go through it. I haven't been through that - haven't gathered that strength or that experience. So is it so wrong for me to say
"Hey, I'm going through this... And I'd really appreciate that you just hold my hand through it and not tell me there are worse things in life."
Aren't friends supposed to guide you through your troubles at the pace that you're growing, and not push you through them because they're so far ahead and you just need to catch up? Because in pushing me ahead you've pushed me aside, cast me away. Or at least that's what it feels like. I don't want to lose you.
I feel like I've already lost you.
Your Life has taken your hand, run off with you and left me in the dust. Now My Life's a little bit darker, a little bit more sad, with the lingering feeling that you didn't want to stick around with me anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment