We were lying in the grass, listening to music, talking about life and God, staring at the starry night. The big dipper was hanging in the sky to our right and the tall trees cast a black silhouette against the night sky. It was a moment I knew I needed to capture, but my cell phone camera couldn't grasp it. We lay together slowly freezing to death, and just as our lives were about to slip away together, we made the decision to leave. As we warmed back up walking back to our beds, we once again started talking about life and this time, love. I tried to relay my secrets on my newfound key to happiness but I haven't quite mastered words agile enough to describe the technique. I stopped and went prone on the yellow lines in the middle of the road.
have you ever seen the notebook?
no.
you're missing out on life.
oh yeah?
I'll make you watch that movie. it's a promise.
I got back up and our conversation resumed. You asked me why I decided to live in the dorms this year.
I needed to get out. Plus, if I hadn't of moved into them, I might not have this moment. This moment could potentially be the best thing that could ever happen to me. or to you, for that matter.
This, or history class.
You're right. This is going to be the best thing that's ever happened to us. I am going to be the best thing that ever happened to you, I promise.
You better not be lying. If you are, I'll find you and tell you off for lying.
...hopefully you won't have to look far.
No comments:
Post a Comment