that's a load of bullshit. I never stopped loving you. I cried and begged for you to lay down with me, I wrote my feelings out for you on your skin. I told you every chance I got that I'm in love with you. but you weren't listening. you didn't want to hear it. You "weren't over her" in your mind because subconsciously you were scared that falling in love would change everything. and now you want to tell me I never loved you?
no. that's the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard.
I have not stopped loving you. Every night I lay my head against the cool side of my pillow knowing what's coming. And in some sick, twisted way, I yearn for it all day. I beg to go to sleep and have those dreams where you and I are back together. where you admit you love me. I hold your hand and kiss your lips every fucking night in my dreams.
you're mad because I didn't say "I love you," when we were together. But you're wrong. I traced it on your skin. I showed you. I told you how amazing you were. I trusted you with my heart. Because love is more than just words, or an act. It's an emotion, and it's a verb. Love is not something you say. It's something you do, and damnit I loved you the best you'd let me. When you were sleeping and I'd trace your hairline, I'd leave my love there. I'd touch your lips and leave a little more there.
Damnit, I loved you.
And it was on the tip of my tongue the minute you left me.
No comments:
Post a Comment