You've infiltrated your way in, slowly but surely. You've captured my mind and I spend hours on end replaying moments and picturing that smile. I don't want you here, any more. I never wanted to like you this much. You were just really fun to kiss. Really easy on the eyes. And really fun to flirt with. I didn't expect to put myself through this much for you.
But then I saw past just those eyes and that killer smile.
I saw you as a person. I saw your free spirit and independence. I heard about how you've worked hard for everything you've gotten. I experienced your outright honesty. I've lived through your hospitality several times. I've butted heads with you many times because of how stubborn we both are about everything.
See... But when I saw all this, you stopped kissing me.
I was confused. But you were still cuddling with me - although I must admit I pushed that a bit. And you were texting ME. I tried to not initiate conversation, to not seem desperate. But you'd be so distant and then you'd do things like walk past me and scratch my back on the way. You'd smile at me with that killer smile, that spark in your killer eyes. Face it, you're a killer and you know it. And then, there was the no phone disaster of 2010. (Four whole days of no phone - it only killed me).
And you weren't inviting me out any more.
I was so confused when I finally saw you. Like, it'd only been all of a week and it had seemed like forever. But Keber told me to play hard to get so hard to get I played. And you CALLED me. That blew my mind - you made the effort to call me just to talk for a few minutes. Making effort - that's showing interest, right? Or am I reading too much into that?
And there were the smiles when you text me. I was gonna be in north pole anyways, so yeah, I might as well give you your silly hat (that looks soo good on you). Somehow telling me that if I want to drop it off, I could, with a smile, it just seemed... Seemed like you wanted to see me. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. And I was just going to give it to you and leave. But you wanted me to hang out, so of course I said yes. I'm too hooked on you to not say yes.
And you're thinking of me at one in the morning quite often. Because that's when I get those texts from you when I haven't seen you for a day or two: "what up." Not saying much but you're thinking of me. I'm wayy too hooked on you. You're like a drug I never meant to do more than once. And I'm having withdrawals and it's driving me absolutely insane.
I want to go back to being the backseat of His car before Her party. I want to re-live Her party. I want to walk back home with you, hand in hand, again. I want to go back to two parties before that, when we first kissed. When you were determined to not taste like alcohol for me. When I didn't have to worry about me liking you too much. Or if I were just overthinking all of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment