Followers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Darling.

My dear,
I can’t hear you.
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.
So speak to me with your actions, not your words. Speak to me with your doings, not your mouth. Speak to me with your hands, not your voice.
For your actions drown out what you say to the point that that’s all I hear.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

My Darling,
It's true that your actions are drowning out the sound of your words. Your actions are whispering to my heart's desires and teasing them, trusting them with secrets you won't trust yourself with. When you go to bed, my name is dancing in your thoughts, lightly treading across your lips, you can taste me on your tongue. When you wake up in the morning, my passion is orchestrating your heart, warming you from head to your toes, you can feel my kisses on your ears, still.
Ask me how I know.
I know because I settle down at night and feel my presence being tugged at from not so far away, I can hear you whispering my name in my sleep, and I can taste you on my tongue as well. When I wake up in the morning, I can feel my passion orchestrating events in a room I'm not physically in, but a room I know well. I can feel the heat of your ears going warm, turning ruby red on my lips.
Your ruby red ears were your tell all. When you felt anything strongly, your ears would show it. I could find my answer to anything on the tips of your ears. So strange - I've captured your eyes, I've met your lips, I've held your hand and I invaded your mind, but nothing gave happy little secrets easier than your ears. I miss them the most.
With all my heart,
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment